A new section aimed at being a ‘community forum’ has been created. Topic of the Month will pose a different archaeology topic each month that can be discussed and debated.
The topic for May is: Is Time Team still relevant?
Click on the tab above. Your thoughts are welcomed.
A new book on Creswell Crags has just been published through Archaeopress, Oxford. Beyond The Ice: Creswell Crags and its place in a wider European context explores the history and archaeology of the site and offers new ideas and interpretations on how the site fits into Ice Age Europe.
To celebrate the book’s release, author Matthew Beresford will be giving a talk and signing copies of the book at Creswell Crags on Saturday 21st April at 3pm. This will be followed by further talks and signings at:
- Southwell Library, Tuesday 24th April, 7pm
- Newark Library, Wednesday 25th April, 7.30pm
- North Muskham Heritage Group, Thursday 3rd May, 7.15pm
- Bingham Library, Friday 11th May, 2pm
- Friends of Moor Pond Wood, Papplewick, Wednesday 30th May, 7pm
- Chesterfield Library, Tuesday 12th June, 7.30pm
- Lowdham Book Festival, Saturday 30th June, 2pm
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org